Primary Study Objective:
To determine the effect of a community-pharmacist intervention program on LDL-C in patients at high-risk for cardiovascular disease.
Secondary Study Objectives:
(1) efficacy of a web-based educational module
(2) patient satisfaction with pharmacist services
(3) patient compliance with lipid-lowering medications
(4) proportion of patients achieving target LDL-C and TC:HDL ratio
(5) cost analysis of providing the clinic.
Change in the LDL-C from baseline to study end (6 months)
Tsuyuki RT, Olson KL
Schindel T, Johnson J, Taylor J.
Enrollment commenced October 2000; Follow-up completed January 2002
Tsuyuki, R. T., et al. (2004). Effect of Community Pharmacist Intervention on Cholesterol Levels in Patients at High Risk of Cardiovascular Events: The Second Study of Cardiovascular Risk Intervention by Pharmacists (SCRIP-plus). The American Journal of Medicine, 116, 130-133. (link)